Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Quit Drinking Benefit #7: More Quality Time With Kids

Last week I wrote, "The 6 Benefits Of Quitting Alcohol For 30 Days." Today, I'd like to add one very important benefit to this list. In fact, this one benefit is probably the most important benefit of all. What is it?

7.  More Quality Time With Kids.

A pretty important benefit.

Now, keep in mind that I spent more time already than most 99.9% of dads. When my kids are home, I drop this project and spend time with them. I play games with them, take them on ventures outside. I can also add etc., etc., etc.

My neighbors and friends would attest to this in a court of law. If I ever needed it, I know they would. In fact, they have even told me so. Like, I'm just that good of a dad. Wherever my kids are, there's me. And, wherever I am, there's my kids. I'm not gloating, it's just a truth.

So, I was told, when I quit, that I"m supposed to pick a goal. Like, it's supposed to be something you want to improve upon when you quit. Sort of a purpose to quit drinking. Or, worded another way, "Why do you want to quit drinking?"

Well, I want to spend more quality time with my kids. It's that simple. Like, how do you improve upon something you're already good at. Well, I think an example will show you.

I already explained what happened on day #2. That was the day of my first temptation. So, had I drank that beer I opened, I would have had another and probably another and another. I would had never left that couch. I would have put my kids to bed, and maybe even had yet another. That's the life of a drinker.

Instead, I didn't have any more beer. I said to the kids, "Let's go for a walk."

We did. We went for a walk to the beach. It was too cold for the water. But, it wasn't too cold for the beach playground. So, we walked the mile long hike along the beach to the beach playground. We had a blast.

Many moments like that have followed in the days since. At day #45, there have obviously been quite a few of these "more" quality time with kids moments.

So, I will add this to my list of benefits of quitting for 30 days article.

1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete