Saturday, February 14, 2015

Not all believers will get to Heaven

As a man of Faith, it saddens me when I learn someone I know does not believe in God.  Yet what is even sadder is when someone I know believes but does not act in good Faith.  So unlike some of my peers who believe they will meet up with these folks in Heaven, I'm not so sure this will happen.

That's not to say that those individuals did not ask for His forgiveness near the end, nor that God did not forgive that person.  Still, there are a heck of a lot of people who say they believe who do not live as Jesus would.

If it were true that the only qualification to get into Heaven was to believe in Jesus, then 75 percent of the 300 million population in the U.S. at this moment, or 250 million people, will go to Heaven when they die.  I have a hard time believing this is how it will work.

You do not have to be as perfect as Jesus to get to Heaven. Jesus died for us so that we could all be prophets of the Lord, and we could all ask for forgiveness of our sins at any time.  But in order to do this we have to make a conscious effort not just to learn the wisdom of our Faith, but to share that wisdom by our actions.

I'm sorry to say, there are a heck of a lot of people who believe who do not do this.  When these people die, I believe, there is a chance that God will not open the door to Heaven to them.  I mean, I don't know what God will do, but I don't think he will let a person into Heaven just because they believed.

It's kind of like Freedom.  There are many people in this country who take their freedom for Granted. They do not appreciate the millions of people who fought for and died so that we could appreciate our natural rights the way we do.  There are those who do not even think of how great they have it.

These people do nothing to advance the cause.  They make no effort, show no appreciation, for American Exceptionalism.  They surely enjoy the benefits it, but they just assume it always has been and always will be there. Like Heaven, they just assume if they believe they will get to go.

So, it's sorry to say, but I don't think I will meet up with all of my friends in Heaven.  I do not think all of my brothers will get to Heaven.  Surely they could have an epiphany at some point in their lives, but absent that they will not be walking up the steps to the great euphoria.

1 comment:

  1. Respectfully, I would have to disagree. The Bible is clear that the only condition of salvation is trusting in Jesus Christ alone to escape the fires of Hell for eternity (Acts 16:31).

    You mention that 75% of Americans would get to Heaven if this was the case. You seem unaware of what most people actually believe. Virtually every Christian denomination and virtually all professing Christians believe in the wrong gospel.

    Most denominations (UMC, Catholic, Mormon, Jehovah's Witnesses, Pentecostal) believe and teach a works salvation. Most so-called "Christians" deny salvation by faith alone but rather believe that works are also necessary. Most denominations and professing Christians also believe that salvation can be lost. The Bible disagrees. The Bible teaches that all that's needed to get to Heaven is to trust in Jesus Christ alone.

    Very few people actually believe in faith alone for salvation. Most people such as Catholics believe in baptism for salvation, works, and losing salvation. All this is Salvation by Works!



    ReplyDelete