Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Why Keep Beer In Fridge When I Quit Drinking

The last time I quit drinking I made it 55 days. I think that's a pretty nice accomplishment. When I quit I kept a 15 pack of beer in the refrigerator. I want to explain why I did that.

So, most experts recommend getting rid of all alcohol. This makes sense, considering you don't want to be tempted. If you don't have alcohol you can't be tempted.

Before my success, there were many times I quit and failed. You have a bad day. You have a bad week. And it's nice to sit down and have a nice cold beer.

And there were a few times I did this and had a warm beer. Not so good. But, it's better than no beer at all.

So, I believe that we learn more from our failures than from our successes. But, you also learn things from your successes. By my past failures and successes quitting, I've decided it's better to have beer on hand and in the refrigerator.

There are two reasons for this. One, it prevents you from going to the store. Your brain decides it wants a beer, you open the refrigerator. You put that beer in front of you. You might drink it. But, you might also decide better. And I did that twice during my 55 day stint as a teetotaler.

But, in the past, if I get it in my head that I'm going to the store to buy beer, that throws me into a rut. So, I go to the store. I get home. I'm going to drink that darn beer. I'm going to enjoy what I went out of my way to get. That's just how it is.

So, I decided there's less of a chance I'd drink a beer if it were in my fridge as opposed to if I went to get it. So, for this reason, I decided to keep it in the fridge. If I'm going to have a beer, I'm going to have a nice cold one.

Two, I think I just gave you #2. If I'm going to have a beer, I certainly don't want a warm one. I want a nice cold beer. I want it to be worthwhile and enjoyable. Damn, if I'm going to quit quitting, I better be drinking something I enjoy.

So, that's why I keep beer in the fridge. At least for a while. Last time I moved it to the basement when I realized I was going to stick with it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to the author for posting this type of article.For more information visit Drink Less Live More

    ReplyDelete

  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete