Thursday, September 13, 2018

Two Months Alcohol Free

Just to see if I can do it, I'm quitting drinking for 2 months. I might fail. But, I don't think I will. If I fail, then all my posts the past month will be for naught. I will look the fool.

So, this is sort of my Cortez moment. My motivation is, if I fail, I will look like a fool.

Anyway, I worked for the past few days. That's why I didn't decide to start September 1. Some people have asked why I waited until the 7th. What was special about that date? Nothing. I just chose to start when I was going to have a week off work.

I took 8 days off work. You'd think I'd take time off so I can drink and relax. But, I do plan to relax. It's just going to come with some discomfort. There will be times when I have an urge to drink. And they will pass. But, those times will arrive.

After I got out of work yesterday I went to the story. I bought a 15 pack of 16 ounces Miller Lites. I sat in my recliner. I turned on the TV. I changed the channel to Fox News. I cracked open a cold one. Oh, the cool refreshing taste of beer.

I drank 6 of these. I also had a few glasses of wine. I was feeling fine by the time I went to bed. Not too bad. Went for a walk. The last walk while buzzed up a bit. Nice walk on the beach. No one but me in the darkness. Even took a bit of a swim. The water was a bit cold.

And then I went to bed. I went to bed early. I didn't want to drink anymore. Didn't want to ruin my morning. Didn't want to have any reason not to begin my new 2 months alcohol-free journey.

Last hurrah.  And today it has begun. No problem! I can handle this. Yikes! Boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment