Monday, August 20, 2018

The Alcohol Culture

So, again, I'm prepping myself for two months alcohol-free. I'm doing it for fun. Like, I've done it before. It actually feels like quite an accomplishment. It also helps me to shed pounds. Hmmm. Maybe that's the ultimate goal.

Anyway.

So, you drink at home. There are no outside influences. So, you want to quit. You just do it. But, that’s not always how it is. You go to the cabin. Guys there drink. You are not drinking. They say, “Have a drink.”

They try to convince you to drink. You give in. That’s how life is. Then you have a couple drinks, and you convince yourself it’s okay to eat that cookie. Drinking does that to you. Then you convince yourself you’re fine being fat. This life is better than the life of not drinking.

Then you wake up the next day. You may not be hungover. You might. But you might not. And you feel regret. You feel guilt. You say, “What if I didn’t do that last night?” But you did. And now this is the consequence.

That’s what you do to yourself.

So, you have to hang out with these people. But you can’t for two weeks. You have to stay away from them. You have to prove to yourself you can do this first. It takes 2 weeks to make a habit. You should stay away from outside influences for two weeks.

During these two weeks, you build up barriers. You have time to build some barriers. For me when I work out and eat healthy, it’s the good feeling you get from feeling lighter. You have endorphins released when you work out. These are like morphine. They are like morphine. They make you feel good. They dull pain.

So many people say, “I don’t have time to work out.” 

I find that when I work out I have even more time. It’s because it increases your energy. These endorphins increase your energy. And, when I get to this point when I feel joy, I don’t want to go back. That’s the point I need to reach.

It takes 2 weeks to make a habit. Then it takes a month until you start feeling what it feels like to not drink. After a month, you start feeling lighter. You start having more energy. You probably look the same to most people. But, you start noticiing it yourself after a month.

After two months, those who see you on a regular basis will start saying things like, “Are you losing weight?” OR, “You look like you’ve lost weight.” Or, “You look nice!”

And hearing those types of words builds up your ego. And, while you don’t want to have too much of an ego, an ego can be good. It means you are happy with who you are. I mean, you should always be happy with you. But, when you feel good, when you hear good stuff, it makes you even more happier.

Then, after 2 months, people who don’t see you on a regular basis start to notice. This is when you hear these types of comments from other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment