Monday, July 18, 2016

Trump is a real person

People are still wondering what it is about Donald Trump that makes him the leader of a movement. Why is he doing so well? Why is he winning. And I'd like to surmise that the reason is that he portrays himself, he is seen, as an ordinary guy just trying to get through life, and who really, really loves his country.

Megyn Kelly, during a May 17, 2016, interview with Donald Trump, discussed with him what occurred at the first republican debate back in August, 2015. She said she asked him a "tough question about women, using only the words that you had used. I thought it was a fair question."

He said, "I thought it was unfair. I thought... I didn't think it was a question, I thought it was more of a statement. That's the first question that I have ever been asked during a debate, and I've never debated before... Now, I'm saying to myself, man what a question?... so I'm saying to myself: I have two hours of this.I don't really blame you because you're doing your thing. But, from my standpoint, I don't have to like it."

The discussion continued, and she asked, "You seem to stay angry for months. Was that real, or was that strategy?t the mo

Trump said: "Well, I'm a real person, I don't say, 'Oh, gee, I'm angry tonight but tomorrow you'll be my best friend.'

I liked that. And that's when it hit me that this is the reason he is doing so well. This is the reason a majority of republicans, and many democrats. love Donald Trump: because he is real. He says what they are thinking. He doesn't come across as a phony. Yes, as he said during the interview, he makes mistakes. He gets angry, just like normal people do.

But he is not some phony politician saying one thing to get elected, only to do something totally different when he gets elected. He's not that kind of guy. He's a normal chum like you and me who loves his country and wants to make it great again.

It is for this reason that hit pieces by the New York Times do not bother Trump supporters. In fact, they actually seem to boost is poll numbers. Trump portrays himself as a real guy. He is a standard, ordinary, American guy. He's a traditional American, and traditional Americans are patriotic. They put America first. They want to make America better. And that's what Trump is all about.

Normal people are not perfect, and Trump supporters know Trump hasn't been perfect either. He's gotten mad. He's had divorces. He's had a few of the companies he's invested in go bankrupt. Yet he has had successes too. He turned a million dollars that he borrowed from his dad into a billion dollar empire. He managed to capitulate the attention of the American populace and defeat the republican establishment in order to earn the republican nomination for president in 2016.

Trump is one of us. He is not bought and paid for by political fractions and lobbyists. He is not bought and paid for by the republican national committee. He does not owe anyone anything. He, in fact, is in a position in life where he could retire and live the rest of his life in comfort. And yet he decided he has an opportunity to make America better. He decided, as a fellow dude, that he could "Make America Great Again."

And no matter what narration the media or his political opponents create to try to destroy him, it will not work. As he said, when he makes a mistake he does not look back, he admits his mistake and moves on to face the day and tackle the problems of today. He is a Christian. He is a white male, but he is also an traditional American who respects the Constitution.

Trump is boorish, he loud, he's honest. He says the truth even if it might bother some people. He does not see America as the problem, he sees America as the solution. And this is what most Americans think, and this is what Trump supporters think. Trump supporters are like, "Wow! Finally someone who says what we are thinking."

Further Reading:




No comments:

Post a Comment