Friday, October 3, 2014

What little I decide

So I'm sitting here thinking as I'm getting ready to go to hunting camp that there are only four things I do in my life by my own choice:
  1. Eat healthy most days
  2. Exercise in order to stay fit
  3. Spend quality time with my wife and kids
  4. Drink coffee and alcohol as needed 
That's it.  Everything else I do, including going to hunting camp, I do because that's what other people want me to do, or what I feel is expected of me.

So you're thinking: "Don't you go to hunting camp because it's fun?"  Yes I do. But because hunting camp contains a plethora of asthma triggers, I would avoid it altogether if not for the pressure to attend by my father and siblings.  I love the quality time spent with them at camp, but the side effects are not negligible.

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment