So now we have to call what we are classical liberal, a.k.a. libertarian conservatism. It's limited government, strict constitutionalism, and following the rule of law.
Here's why I am a classical liberal.
- You can't spy on me
- We can't have these never ending wars
- You can't just throw me in jail without a trial
- You cant kill me without a trial
- You can't make laws that fine me for not doing something, such as not wearing my seat belt, or not eating the foods you think I should be eating, or not living a healthy enough lifestyle.
- You can't make me buy health insurance, or car insurance, or any insurance
- You can't force me to participate in a social security program
- You can't tell me I can't smoke cigarettes or sell marijuana or take hormone pills or experimental medicine
- You can't tell my kids they can't pray in school
- You can't take away our public nativity scenes if that's what we choose to display at our courthouses or schools.