Sunday, May 11, 2014

The greatest kids in the world

I just want you to know how great my kids are.  Crystal worked, so Myles and Laney both slept in my bed.  So, once they were asleep, I slept on the couch. Myles got up at 6:00 and laid in his tent in the living room, and played, until 6:30, and he never said a word.  He just played real nice.  Then at 6:30 I got up and turned the TV on, and he watched TV for an hour while I slept.  How many kids would do that.

Then Laney and Myles decided they wanted to go outside.  They insisted on playing in the sandbox.  I told them they could, but they couldn't talk so as not to wake Crystal up.  So they have been sitting in the sandbox now for about an hour without saying a word.  It's just amazing how awesome my kids are.

Callie has reminded me many times in the past month that "we" had to go to the store to get something for our wedding aniversary "so you don't get into trouble." She also insisted we get flowers for mother's day.  It's neat that my children are at an age where, not only are they well behaved, but are also helpful.

Jordan is very independent, which is nice.  He's a good kid who works hard at everything he does, gets good grades, plays his video games in his room, plays his guitars, and is helpful around the house and with the kids.

Sometimes, it's just nice to remind ourselves how lucky we are to have such great kids. To add to this joy, I'm sitting outside, writing on my computer, with a refreshing 69 degree western breeze wafting over my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment