Monday, October 22, 2018

6 Things That Did Not Change After I Quit Drinking For One Month

So, I gave you 6 benefits to quitting alcohol or one month. In this post, I'd like to list 6 things that did not change despite not drinking for a month. These are things other people said changed for them.

1. More money? More what? I said, "More money." How do you have more money after a month of quitting drinking?" For me, it was tough getting through that first month. Part of my plan was to find something else to do during those times when I'd normally drink. Plus, you have more time in a day. So, you have to find something to do with all this extra time. So, what I did is go shopping. I'd shop in stores. I'd shop online. I didn't buy a bunch of junk. I spent lot's less money on alcohol and junk food. But, I entertained myself by Christmas shopping. Yes. I got all it done. And, like, it costs me lots of money. I did manage to stick within the limits of my money, but I did not in anyway spend less. So, I do not have more money due to quitting drinking for one month.

2.  My liver is happier? What? How can people say their liver is happier. Last I knew, I have never had a discussion with my life. My liver has never talked to me. So, while it would be fair to assume my liver is happier with me, I have not heard it say so. So, I will not assume anything. I do have lab papers from my doctor. After I get my lab results, I think I will be in a better position to answer this question. But, even with that, my past lab tests have been normal. So, even when I get my lab results back, I highly doubt they will hint at what my liver might be thinking.

3.  My immune system is better? Like, how do I know this. I understand that drinking alcohol may diminish your immunity. And quitting can improve your immunity. I understand that. But, I still ended up with a cold during this one month stretch. It was a minor cold, but it was a cold none-the-less. So, to assume my immunity is better would be foolish at best.

4.  It helped my anxiety? Really? Like, I still have anxiety. Last night I stayed up late worrying about nonsense. I get anxious toward the end of the day. Why is this? I do not know. But, it's foolish to think my anxiety has anything to do with drinking. It would also be foolish to think it would improve with quitting.

I'm just being honest here. I'm not going to make up benefits. I'm not going to state a benefit just because other people on the Internet have said them. No, I am not a sheep.

1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete