Here is a list of some of the things people might say to challenge your faith, and what you may consider saying to them.
1. Science proves God does not exist. Einstein believed in God, and said that he saw no reason why God and science cannot co-exist. He said, "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
2. Well, Einstein found the Bible Primitive, Childish. That's because the Bible IS primitive and childish. That's just how people wrote back then. It was allegorical.
3. Nobody lives the way the Bible preaches. No person lives completely by their Faith, which is why we have forgiveness. For example Chris Kyle had Faith and he carried the Bible with him, but he did not read from it every day
4. The Bible is not historically accurate. Actually, whether you believe in God or not, the Bible is one of the most significant historical documents ever written. I have read many history books where the Bible is used as a reference to paint a picture of the era in which it was written.
5. The Bible is not factual. Christians believe everything in the Bible is true. If everything in the Bible is true, does this mean that Christians have to choose between science and the Bible. The key to understanding the Bible is to understand the difference between truth and fact. Simply put, something can be truthful without being factual. For example, if you are trying to download a large file onto your computer and it is taking a long time, you might say that it is "taking a million years." You would be speaking the truth: the file is taking a long time to download. Figurative language such as this communicates truth without relying totally on facts. We say that as Christians, we believe everything in the Bible is true. What we mean is that the Bible teaches us, without error, the truth about God. Although the Bible does contain historical information, the authors of the Bible were not primarily concerned with historical or scientific facts. Their goal was to teach the truth about God.
6. Science proves that God could not have created the world in seven days. The first creation story in the Book of Genesis is true, although it does not attempt to teach scientific facts. It teaches us truths about God and his relationship with creation, such as: God is the author of all creation, God brings order out of chaos, human beings are created in God's image, and everything God created is good. As Christians, we can learn from what scientists are teaching us about creation and, at the same time, learn from the Book of Genesis about the religious truth of Creation. Besides, God actually created the world over six eras.
7. Adam could not have lived 930 years. Once again, you have to consider the era in which the Bible was written. People back then never even considered the idea of keeping track of a person's time in this world. When the Bible says that Adam lived to be 930 years old, it is teaching the religious truth that he lived a long life, which is a sign of God's blessing.
8. The story of Noah could not have happened. Actually, there is historical evidence of a great flood that wiped out much of the population of the world that then existed. So this story is based on this historical fact. However, the story of Noah teaches the truth that we drown in sin and only those who obey God's voice are saved.
9. Jonah could not have lived in a fish. The story of Jonah is true: when you say no to God's will, you will find yourself in darkness. You see, much of the Bible is told allegorically. This was simply how people wrote back then.
10. The entire old testament is poppycock. Look, again, don't be concerned with historical fact or scientific fact when reading the Old Testament. What you should be concerned with is learning the truth about God. Remember, everything in the Bible is true. After all, God has given us his Word.